Pilgrims perform a variety of Religious Activities and Rituals during their Godavari Maha Pushkaram 2015 visit.
- A holy dip in the river waters
- Prayers and offerings to the departed souls
- Performing rituals to the river goddess
- Performing ten Danams (Dasa Danam) in memory of the elders.
- Charity to the poor through Annadanam etc.
- Visiting temples and offering prayers
- Attend spiritual and devotional activities
Types of Rituals
Here is a list of rituals generally performed at Godavari Maha Pushkaram Ghats.
- Maha Sankalpam or Laghu Sankalpam
- Godavari Pooja, Astotharam, Sariganga Snanam
- Pinda Pradanam or Thirdavidulu
- Swayampakam or Potharlu
- Danams: Tiladanam, Lavanadanam or Salagramadanam