- Pilgrims are requested to use the bathing areas/ Ghats that are authorized by the Pushkaram administration for their safety and security.
- Pilgrims are requested to use the bathing places/Ghats nearest to their place of stay in pushkaram area or the city.
- If any unidentified or suspicious object is located, the pushkaram administration or the police control room should be informed about it.
- Pilgrims are requested to follow the traffic rules and regulations in the city and the pushkaram area.
- The directions and advice given through the Central Public Address System may be followed to avoid any inconvenience.
- Garbage should be thrown only in the dustbins.
- Pilgrims and travelers are requested to be appropriately attired considering the religious and cultural sensibilities of the event. The local service providers will be happy to give advice on this issue.
- Use of plastic bags in pushkaram surroundings is prohibited by the Government.
- Washing of clothes on the river banks should be strictly avoided.
- Overcrowding of boats must be avoided.
- Pilgrims and travelers are advised not to encourage beggary.
- Use of soaps while bathing in rivers should be strictly avoided.
- Throwing of the materials used for worship or rituals in the river should be avoided